Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

5.12.2005

Whew!

Let me say that I am not a masochist.

Today started off well enough. I had to go to a job site with my boss at 8:00. He would drive right by my house on the way to the site, so I suggested that he just pick me up, and then I would walk home after work - eliminating the need to drive a car. So, he pulls up in our driveway at 7:50 in his yellow convertible Corvette. I have never been a Vet fan, but I have to say it was fun zipping around in it.

The morning went okay. Busy. At lunch I changed and went outside to stretch before I ran my 2.5 miles. (I had a lunch meeting yesterday, so I missed the scheduled Wednesday run.)

*side note, my cursor keeps skipping around, so I am typing along and then I notice that half of my sentence is in the middle of a sentence five lines ago. Irritating.*

Anyway, as I finished my stretching, my boss (same one with a Corvette) came out to run. A little background: he is a triathelete and a marathon runner. My husband trained with him a couple of years ago for his marathon. I am a novice runner. 2.5 miles is stretching it for me. So, he says "how far are you going" and I say "2 - 2.5 miles". To which he says, "I'll run with you, let's run to the park". I am not a wimp, and I am especially not going to look like a wimp in front of him. So, we take off. He is 6'-0"+ I am 5'-6". Our strides are not the same. Unbeknownst to me, I am running a little faster than I usually do by myself. Again, not a wimp. So we go. We get to the park and I need to stop for water. I really didn't do that good of a job hydrating or fueling this morning. On the way back my pace starts to slow - a lot. I am also having a tough time breathing. So, I push myself back to the main road we cross. Luckily it was pretty busy, so I had to stop and rest. He went on to do another 100 miles, and I went back to the office. Which, I am proud to say that after he left, I pushed myself to continue running the .75 miles left.

Later that afternoon I went to ask him what kind of pace we were running. We started off at an 8:00 - 8:30 minute mile!!!! I run at 10:00 mile, and it's pushing it. What was I thinking???!!!!?!!?!

Needless to say, I was exhausted for the rest of the afternoon. Then, I go and do my Thursday night weights after work. I am getting ready to go plant myself on the couch for the remainder of the evening.

4 Comments:

At 16 May, 2005 12:32 , Blogger Michael said...

Thing 2 laughed at me when I told her I ran a 10-minute mile. I'm probably more like a 12:00 man now.

 
At 16 May, 2005 14:43 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

I did not!

 
At 17 May, 2005 13:38 , Blogger Michael said...

Did too!

 
At 18 May, 2007 22:12 , Blogger SlimDave420 said...

I too had the mystery cursor skipping and jumping all over the place. see the only solution on the web at my blog:

http://slimdave420.blogspot.com/2007/05/jumping-skipping-cursor-problem-solved.html

this is not a trick. you'll thank me ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home