Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

4.10.2005

Sweet!

Thank you Josh! I downloaded Goldwave and saving the mp3 as a wav file was a piece of cake. Now everytime I get an email at work, instead of the generic "ding" I will have Napolean Dynamite saying "Lucky". It's the little things that bring a smile to my day.

Well, the Dyson vacuum cleaner is a must have for all domestic types. It is amazing the dust and fur that was in our house. And we clean - I thought thouroughly - every week. It's kind of scary.

The weather is absolutely beautiful this weekend. Both days have been sunny and in the 70's. This is by far my favorite time of year. Everything is blooming, the weather is warm, neighbors are starting to come out of hibernation and everyone seems to be in a better mood. I would like to live in perpetual springtime weekends. Life just seems so full of hope and plans of things to come. It's a time of year when dreams seem like they can become reality.

I hope that no matter what my age, I am still able to dream. I know there are a lot of things that I wanted to do when I was in college, but when I got out into the "real world" it became apparent that it wasn't feasible. However, there are still a lot of things that could come true. I don't ever want to loose that hopefulness. Or the ability to play. In my 31 years of life and experience, that is the important thing I have discovered. If you don't play, life can suck. Never take yourself, or those around you, too seriously. Life's too short for that. You may not have the chance to have fun later in life. Enjoy it now. Maybe that is the other great thing about spring, our individual lives also have the chance to start fresh. I think new year resolutions should not be made in January, but in March.

My Springtime resolutions: to appreciate. Appreciate my friends, appreciate the beauty in this world, appreciate my husband, appreciate my family. Each aspect of my life has interesting and unique qualities that make me feel a happiness that almost brings me to tears each time I think about them. I need to spend more time knowing that happiness. I am truly blessed in my simple life. I need everyone to know it, and to know what part they have played in it.

I'll start now: Desiree and Summer, you continuously make me laugh in your own way. Desiree always has some adventure that only she could get herself into and embelish in her descriptions. Summer is continually growing into an adult and it is great to see her sense of perception develop. It is indeed unique (and always has been - poor birds). Dad continues to grow stronger even through all of the trials he has had in his life. He is the best example of how to live. He never judges. Even though I am not religious, he embodies what I think a true Christian should be. My husband continues to love and support me. He allows me to dream. Not many people have that opportunity when the bills and stress of life comes. I do. My neighbors are always there and allow us to be ourselves.

I want to thank you all. I don't do that often enough.

1 Comments:

At 10 April, 2005 20:16 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home