Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

4.24.2005

Holy Grail, Batman!

I just had Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale. Not bad. Of course, I had to get it for the name. It's a nice surprise when you get a product because of the name, and it turns out to taste good, too. Kind of like Fat Bastard wine.

I ran this morning. Usually the weekends are a time for me to plant my ever growing butt on the couch and watch tv. I did that Sunday. I don't know what I watched, but I was in the horizontal position in front of the boob tube all day. Pathetic. So, to rectify that extreme laziness (I did clean half our house that morning, so it wasn't like I was TOTALLY lazy) anyway, to rectify the half day of extreme laziness, I decided that I needed to run. I ran last Monday. Ended up going a mile in about 10 minutes. Which, I was quite happy with, seeing that I haven't exercised in about three months. So today, I went 1.3 miles in 12 minutes. If my math is correct, that is 9.23 minute mile. I feel pretty good. I know I can push myself to at least two miles. The problem is, I am supposed to be running with another girl at the office. She is way behind me, and complains. This is not going to last long. I mean, it's nice to have a running partner, but she always has something come up, so we really haven't been able to run together consistently. I am considering running in the morning - oh, too early I need my sleep. Or, run after work. I also am studying after work, so I don't see much time to just veg out. I guess I don't really need to watch tv. It's very addictive. Bad television. Hypnotizing me. Blah. Anyway, I figure if I can run three miles, three days a week and do light weights two days a week, then that should be good. I mean, it has to be better than what I've been doing - NOTHING!!!!

So, there were a couple of open houses down the street from us, and my neighbor and I walked down to see what they were like and how much they were asking. One house had all shag carpet, wood paneling and had a very chopped up floor plan. They were asking $185,000. The other house was a little more updated, but the floor plan was still pretty choppy. That one was going for $170,000. They were both built in the 1920's and were 1 1/2 stories. Our house was built in 1900, has all wood or tile floors, much higher ceilings and a more open floor plan. Plus, it has been updated. I can't wait to see what we get for it. Not that we are selling, but it will be a nice profit.

Well, I think it is dinner time. Spinich and feta cheese pizza with a cornmeal crust. We'll see how that is.

5 Comments:

At 24 April, 2005 20:48 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

I don't know about the cornmeal crust, but the rest of the pizza sounds good.

 
At 26 April, 2005 22:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pizza Summer, it's good by default, until you put pineapple on it.

 
At 27 April, 2005 07:16 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

And what is wrong with putting pineapple on pizza? It's quite tasty.

 
At 27 April, 2005 10:43 , Blogger Josh K said...

You don't mix your fruits and vegatables on pizza. Pizza is a meat, grain, and vegetable food. Leave the fruit to itself.

 
At 14 May, 2005 20:17 , Blogger Stacey said...

I applaud you Josh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home