Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

4.12.2005

The flowers are dead

My wonderful middle sister sent me a bouquet of daisy's for my birthday (it was on March 9th). The flowers are finally ready to be thrown away. I think that's pretty good. Flowers usually don't last that long ...

So, it is pretty interesting how much we rely on technology. I mean, my job is almost totally dependant on computers. It's actually kind of sad, really. Take today for example. We have color renderings that need to be plotted for a package that goes out tomorrow. One of the files was corrupt, so it ended up taking all of the plotters and printers in the office off line. We were basically shut down until I tried getting into the file and updating the fonts and re-plotting. All better. If that hadn't worked, we would have been in a world of hurt. Sucks. I know that there are tons of advantages to technology, but sometimes it becomes really inconvient.

Hmm... I have been listening to Jack Johnson and Ben Harper today. It's really that kind of day. Very mellow, gray and quiet. I would rather be at home with a cup of tea and reading a book, but I'll stick it out at work for THREE AND A HALF MORE HOURS. blah.

It is officially after lunch, so I had better get back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home