Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

5.06.2005

What a creative three are we!

I think it is kind of interesting how the three Burdette sisters went into very different, yet all very creative fields. I'm an architect (in 4 tests), thing 1 is a writer and thing 2 is a musician. We all played musical instruments. Yet, we all were also pretty good at math. Hmmmm. Aren't we just perfect. Ha ha ha!

I get a little jealous of the two sisters. My job can be so real and boring at times. I mean, yeah, there are a lot of days where I spend all day drawing and coloring. You really can't beat that. But then there are the majority of the days where I have to deal with getting the buildings built. Managing all of the engineers, making sure everyone is coordinated, managing the contractors. ARRRGGGGHHHH! I just want to do drarwings. But, my name isn't Simon.

I need to start painting more. That way, I can get my creativity out and not worry about budget, or clients. Blah. It would be really cool if I could get a welder and get back into metal sculpture. I love welding! Bending and cutting steel. What power.

I ran 2.5 miles today. Yeah!!!!

Well, it's Friday, it's 4:56 and I am finishing my beer. It is about time to blow this popsicle stand.

2 Comments:

At 06 May, 2005 19:24 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

Wait, wait...you're drinking a beer at work?

Yeah, mom and dad raised some well-rounded daughters. Although, I'm not that great in math. I didn't do that well in precal. Of course, I didn't exactly try my hardest either. Oh, and in the old school Roman days there were two parts to school (the liberal arts)--the trivium and the quadrivium. The trivium is basically grammar and rhetoric type stuff. The quadrivium were the four areas that made you think. Music was included with math, geometry...other things along those lines. So, music used to be considered a science. Oddly enough, I can't stand science or math. There's some other stuff...but there's your music history lesson for the day.

 
At 10 May, 2005 12:12 , Blogger Heather said...

Yep. Beer:30 on Friday afternoons. Great, huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home