Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

5.24.2005

Way to go, Jamocha

"You know, a drink can be both a drink and a dessert at the same time. Take the Arby's Jamocha Shake. Between bites it's a drink. After the meal, or on it's own, it's a dessert."

Who knew?

I have to give a thumbs up to Arby's new corned beef ruben sandwich. I gave it a try at lunch today - very satisfying. I had some reservations about the bread getting soggy, but it wasn't bad (although the bread was a little soggy). The meat was very tender. All in all, I would recommend it.

I have a case of the Tuesday afternoon blahs. I have been working very hard all day, and have gotten a lot accomplished, but it is 4:15 and I am tired. I don't want to think any more, so I need to find a non-thinking task to do for the next 45 minutes. Thus the blog.

So, my younger sister is searching for her first summer job. Ha! Summer's Summer Job. Gotta love that name! I remember my first summer job - cashier at Hardee's. Yes, I know, it is a glamerous job, but it was hard work, too. I was not just lobby cashier, I was drive-thru cashier. Yeah, I know! The biggest downside of that job (and it lasted me each summer from the age of 16 into third year of college) was smelling like stale grease all of the time. Even when I wasn't working. Phew! I wish I could get a summer job now. What would I do? Landscaping. Get a great tan, gain some muscles, and make the earth more beautiful. That would be the gig for me.

2 Comments:

At 24 May, 2005 21:36 , Blogger Desiree said...

In addition to remembering your favorite Chinese food is sweet & sour chicken, I remember you getting Reuben sandwiches all the time when we were younger. Nice to see some things don't change.

 
At 26 May, 2005 12:58 , Blogger Heather said...

You are so observant. No wonder you are a writer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home