Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

5.20.2005

Sun-ny days ...

So, I have been at work for about an hour and a half (it's after noon), and I am seriously trying to think what ails me so I can go home. I have no motivation to stay at work, in the climate controled environment looking out my window at the warm sunny day. That is torture. I truly believe that one should not be forced to work on days so nice as this one. It has to be bad for your health. Plus, I am not going to be very productive. I just know it. Maybe I'll leave, run some errands and work a few hours tomorrow. No, that's stupid, tomorrow is the weekend. Five more hours. I can do this.

Oh, I was late for work today because I was waiting for the wood for our porch floor to be delivered. They were running slightly behind. But, alas, we have 63 1 x 4 x 16'-0" pieces of tounge and groove pine decking sitting in our garage waiting to be stained. Next weekend (hopefully) we will have a new porch floor. That will be nice. We are looking kind of ghetto.

Ho hum. Maybe I will go get some lunch. Yeah, that's it, I need some lunch. AARRRGGGHHH the torture of being an adult!!!!!!

9 Comments:

At 20 May, 2005 19:57 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

...how to get to Seasame Street...

Hey Heather...I one the sandbox. :)

 
At 23 May, 2005 11:15 , Blogger Heather said...

no, no, I one the sandbox, you two the sandbox

I three the sandbox ...

 
At 23 May, 2005 12:33 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

You're such a cheater!

Fine..whatever...I FOUR the sandbox.

You happy?

 
At 23 May, 2005 15:34 , Blogger Heather said...

i five the sandbox

 
At 23 May, 2005 18:54 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

I six the sandbox.

 
At 24 May, 2005 08:05 , Blogger Heather said...

I seven the sandbox. And, I am not a cheater. This is the way things have always been.

 
At 24 May, 2005 10:03 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

You are too a cheater! I clearly said, "I one the sandbox" first. You can scroll back up and see with your own two eyes!

I eight the sandbox. There! Are you happy? I ate the sandbox! I tell ya! This whole being the youngest crap isn't that fun.

 
At 24 May, 2005 16:17 , Blogger Heather said...

You ate the sandbox!!! Summer you would think that after all of these years you would know better! Ha Ha Ha Ha

You can never one the sandbox. You always have to end up on eight. It is the nature of the beast.

 
At 24 May, 2005 16:19 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

You're flippin' hilarious, Heather, just hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home