Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

7.07.2005

I am back

We made it back home Tuesday around 8:30.

Let me just say that instead of flying from Springfield to Cincinati to Jacksonville, we flew Tulsa to Atlanta to Brunswick, GA. Christian's dad came and picked us up (about an hour and a half drive.) Unfortunately, our luggage went to Jacksonville. By the time we got to JAX (midnight) the baggage claim had closed. I had to borrow a night shirt from Christian's mom (it had an angel on it - don't get me started). The next morning when I got up, Christian and his dad had already gone to the airport and retrieved our luggage. Good timing.

The trip wasn't too eventful. We basically got up each morning, had weak coffee, showered, got dressed and went to Christian's brother's house. Friday the girls went to have tea. It wasn't the Ritz, but it was fun. That night we had a cookout at Eric's. Saturday we tried to go to the pool, but it started raining and we had to pack it up within an hour of when we got there. The rest of the day was spent indoors watching the Tour. I think we had pizza that night. Sunday we got to go to the beach for about three hours. It was great. We haven't been to the beach in years. It was Christian, Eric, Stephen (age 13) and Alex (age 2.5). Alex didn't really care for the ocean - it was too loud. So, we all took turns watching him and playing in the ocean. Alex got to talk to my dad and Summer. I called to rub in the fact that I was at the beach. When I was talking to dad, Alex came over. I told him I was talking to my dad and did he want to say hi? He got on the phone and said "Hi dad". Funny. When I was on the phone with Summer he came over and told me he wanted to go see Uncle Christian. I told him we would have to get in the water. He told me I would have to hold him. So, I hang up with Summer and into the water we go. He loved it. I guess he just needed to go in on his terms. It started raining that afternoon, so we headed back to the house. We went out for seafood that night. Monday we headed over to the pool and were there for a few hours. Christian's mom cooked dinner that night. We were going to go see fireworks, but it was raining and we were getting tired, so we opted to stay in and play 90's Trivial Pursuit. Much more fun than the original. Tuesday we got up, packed and left. We got on all of our flights going back - yeah!

So, the new baby is pretty cute. Of course at three weeks, he wasn't doing a whole lot. He did roll over. I think he did that for Christian and me since we probably won't see him for a while.

We are back and looking forward to the weekend. Although, I wasn't ready to come back from this trip. I need to get to the beach more. I love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home