Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

6.07.2005

Twinkle Twinkle Sparkle Butt

If I were something other than human, I would like to be a firefly. How cool to be able to make your butt glow. I mean, really, glowing butts make everyone happy.

We are almost finished with the front porch. We put the second coat of stain on Sunday, and it did a great job of evening everything out. Tomorrow evening I will put the finishing touches on the trim. Hopefully, this weekend, I will be able to buy some plants and look at benches. I am really trying to make this an outdoor room. Maybe even a rug? We'll see.

Our next project is extending the built in bookshelves in our living room up about four feet. They are currently about four feet high (there are two on either side of the front window), and they are full. I need a lot more shelf space, so up we go. I am also going to work on refinishing our dining room set. It is pecan and kind of old fashioned looking, so I am going to put a black stain on it to give it an updated look.

Somewhere in all of this I will be studying for my last four exams. Blah. Summertime is so difficult to have study time.

Movie reviews:
Madagascar - Great!
Team America - Crap, guy movie
The Forgotten - Very good

Tonight I get to go over to some friends and give them advice on adding on to their house. That's always fun.

2 Comments:

At 07 June, 2005 14:10 , Blogger Desiree said...

You could be Summer. That would be close to being a firefly. She is, after all, Piss Piss Sparkle Butt.

 
At 07 June, 2005 14:38 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

You know, the minute I saw the title, that was what I thought of. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home