Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

12.07.2005

The Journey

After thirty-one years on this earth, I have come to the understanding that my world is more than what I perceive. This may seem like an obvious statement, but I mean more by it than what is on the surface.

I, alone, have the ability to shape my world. I know my desires ... fears ... dreams. I am the only one who can interpret my perceptions and come to a full understanding of how my actions affect things, possibly, beyond my knowledge.

I, alone, have the ability to make a situation good or bad. I have that control.

I, alone, determine the outcome of my life. There will be obstacles along the way. There will be influence from others, but I have the ability to make decisions on how I will interpret the information I am given, and how I will let it alter the course of my life.

I, alone, can make sure my time on earth lives up to its highest potential. As humans, we all have the ability to make choices. Those decisions affect our own lives as well as others. If our own lives are based on simplicity, love, patience, understanding, then our affect on others will be positive.

We all have to exist on this planet. Together. Why do I observe and experience so much discord among the human race? More individuals appear to be working against each other, not with.

In this past year I have experienced, first hand, unconditional love. It was unexpected. It helped me realize how selfish I was actually living. I understand, now, that all it really takes is a selflessness. It is so easy, once you see the world outside of yourself.

So, do I contradict myself?

I don't believe so. Each human has the individual power and strength to do good beyond their comprehension. However, to do that requires a constant retrospection to deep within. One has to be able to know what prohibits them from going outside of the comfort level, and then taking that step.

That is growth.

It is a constant give and take. (A reaching, if you will).

I am ready to start that journey. I know that I can give to the world as much, if not more than I take. I know I don't need all that I have. I know I want more than I need. Those wants cause me stress, sadness, anger and disappointment.

I want to do away with the extraneous negative influences, emotions and desires and concentrate on the good. I know this will be a lifelong journey and today is the first day.

1 Comments:

At 11 December, 2005 11:33 , Blogger Jody Bilyeu said...

Beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home