Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

11.12.2005

Ah! Beach Time

So, I have discovered another plus to moving back to the East Coast ... the beach.

Wednesday through Friday Christian had a conference at St. Simons Island. I had to go with him (per his bosses suggestion). It was tough.

We get down Wednesday, check in and go to the opening reception. After a couple of free drinks we are taken out to dinner at a local crabshack. I had cheese grits and grilled mahi mahi. Yummmmmmmm. The next day Christian has sessions all day, so I head out to the pool which has chairs set up on a boardwalk overlooking the beach. Excellent. It was warm with a light sea breeze blowing in. Not bad for NOVEMBER. That evening we go out to the childhood home of one of Christian's co-workers. It is on the inlet between Jekyll and St. Simons Islands with views of the ocean, marshlands and inner channels. We saw a beautiful sunset. Afterwards, we headed to the Lodge (where the G8 Summit was held a couple of years ago). While at dinner Tom Watson comes in with a group. For those of you who are as ignorant as I am, he has won most of the major golf tournaments (Masters, US and British Open). Pretty impressive. One thing I will say about the experience - the rich don't have anything THAT special. Sure, they probably have less stress when it comes to money issues, but the food, etc isn't better. Although, I could be rich. I think I would be quite good at it. Ha! Ha!

This weekend we are back to reality. Football, movies, house cleaning and grocery shopping. There is something to be said for a simple life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home