Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

9.15.2005

Homeward Bound

Well, the time has come for Christian and I to make my family VEEERRRRYYY happy. We are moving back to the south!

Last week Christian accepted a job in Augusta, Georgia. After a lot of discussion and thought, I might add. We have developed many strong friendships and working relationships in the past six years. All of which are very hard to leave. However, after putting the emotional aspect and just looking at the job, it was clear that this was the right step to take. Christian will be advancing in his career, and we will be much closer to both of our families.

Last weekend we told all of our close friends. It was very hard. The children didn't understand and cried. I have never made a child cry before. Needless to say, I joined in the crying. The hardest part was knowing that our joy is causing others sadness. That hurts.

We have four weeks left in this town and we are going to make sure we spend as much time as we can with the people who have made this city feel like home. I have a feeling that starting tomorrow we will be on a whirlwind ride to Augusta.

3 Comments:

At 16 September, 2005 15:30 , Blogger Desiree said...

I don't think it's entirely a matter of you being joyous and others being sad. I think it's a mix for all involved; sad to see you go, but happy you've been given a great opportunity. And people are always only a phone call or plane trip away.

 
At 17 September, 2005 09:33 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you all. Sorry we didn't get to know you better. Our community will be worse without you.

 
At 21 September, 2005 13:49 , Blogger Heather said...

Reacher,
At least we can stay connected by blogging. I feel we have learned more about each other through this medium than we otherwise would have. I will keep everyone posted on the communities in Augusta. You know Christian and I won't be able to sit idle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home