Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

11.22.2006

Blog Bandwagon

Yeah, I changed my background. Can't let the little sis's stay ahead of me. Actually, I was getting pretty bored with the background I had. It was a little too "non-feminine". I'm trying to add "girly" to my world. Flowers on the blog here, pink in the wardrobe there. I may even start wearing a skirt to work eventually. We'll see ... baby steps.

Well, the house projects are moving along. We (meaning Christian) have installed new deadbolts on all the exterior doors. This past weekend we installed a shelf and rod in one of the hall closets and the organizer in my closet. I'm not sure it made that big of a difference. I still have a big pile of shoes. I guess I need to be a little more selective and get rid of a few more pair. It's tough. Next week I want to concentrate on getting some semblance of order to the front bedroom. It is a mess.

We did finally get our stove and refrigerator. I haven't actually cooked anything yet, but it looks like it will do a good job. We got a GE stainless ceramic top. The stove heats up very quickly! Pretty cool. The refrigerator is GE stainless with the freezer drawer on the bottom. I love it. Having the freezer on the bottom makes it easier to see the fruits and vegetables that are about to go bad.

Otherwise, we are gearing up to go to dad's for Thanksgiving. Desiree is flying in tomorrow, and everyone should show up late afternoon for dinner. I can't wait to get some of Aunt Judy's dressing. mmmmm. I am going to make a Pumpkin Cake with Brown Butter Icing. Sounds good, we'll see how it turns out.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

At 15 December, 2006 10:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love love the new background! It's so...fresh and
clean! Oh, that sounds like a fem commercial!

Hope all is well, It looks like you are getting back in the groove...your thoughts are like, very positive and affirming. I am happy about your new home!

Avon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home