Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

4.25.2006

It is no easier to say goodbye
than it was the first time we had to go.
The thought of it still makes me cry,
although my head tells me it shouldn't be so.

The pain comes unexpectedly.
My heart is still empty
Although, it shouldn't be.

On the exterior the world looks bright.
Underneath, it's a different sight.
The hollowness, despair just won't go away.
I try to see the good in each new day.

Small reminders of the life we left
Keep creeping in and showing themselves.
Our home stands empty pulling us back.
Our hearts are there, but it would be off track.

We must stay our course, and work it through.
It has to get easier, it must, it's true.
But until then, my heart will hurt
The tears will flow
And a very little piece of me will die
Because we have to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home