Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

1.09.2006

I Can't See

Latest adventure:

I went home for lunch yesterday. While watching tv and eating, the power went out in the whole apartment. I thought nothing of it and headed back to the office. When I got home at 5:00 the power was still out. I checked the breakers - all on. I called maintenance and they said they would send someone over. I went across the hall to check with the neighbors. They had power and he went to check the main breaker for me - on. Then I thought to call Christian and make sure he hadn't forgotten to pay a bill. Highly unlikely, but just wanted to check. He informed me that we had never received a power bill. Since October.

I call the power company.

No, the account is not in your name, it is still in the property managers name.
Yes, your power has been turned off because the bill hasn't been paid.
Yes, we can open an account in your name.
The power will be turned back on between 8 and 5 tomorrow.

TOMORROW???!!!!?!!? What am I supposed to do? No light, no hot water, no electricity?

So, we get room at a hotel. Hopefully the power will be on when I go home for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home