Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

7.27.2005

We have standards for a reason, people!

In the office, I have been assigned as "CAD Standards Chic". Which basically means I set up the office standards for layer, colors, lineweights, etc. in which we draft on AutoCAD. Great. Problem is this office doesn't know how to operate with standards ... of any sort. So, what's the point. It usually turns into a situation of "This is on the wrong layer (color, block, linetype ...), you're the CAD standards girl, fix it." Let's not even think about the fact that I DIDN'T DRAW IT!!!! It's hard to fly with eagles when you have to deal with turkeys! Okay, enough complaining.

Well, a cold front has finally come through Springfield. After three digit temperatures, the 80's feel very comfortable. Of course, I don't think it is going to last, but I'll enjoy the next few days.

Nothing really exciting has happened this week, or will happen this weekend. Oh, I did loose one of my favorite earrings! It really suck because I got them in Canada and I don't think I will be able to replace them. Time to search the internet.

5 Comments:

At 27 July, 2005 14:28 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

fly with eagles and dealing with turkeys? Where on earth do you come up with this stuff?

 
At 28 July, 2005 11:23 , Blogger Heather said...

It's an office saying. Gobble gobble.

 
At 28 July, 2005 15:06 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

I wish turkey only cost one nickel.

 
At 28 July, 2005 17:09 , Blogger Desiree said...

Summer, do your turkey gobble.

 
At 05 August, 2005 16:43 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

*gobble gobble gobble*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home