Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

7.18.2005

Big George Rocks!

If you are into cycling, you know that Sunday's stage was big for Greenville, SC native George Hancapie. His first ever Tour stage win. Go George!!!!

Other than that, this weekend was pretty low key. Friday night we met some friends for drinks and appetizers at a downtown eatery. We then walked up the street to a new arcade. 1984. It has all of the old 80's arcade games. You pay $5 and can play as much as you want, and no one under 18 is allowed without an adult. I guess it is cool if you are into those things. I wasn't allowed to play video games. My only video game system was educational. How sad is that. However, I am now the office speller, so I guess some good came out of it.

Saturday we watched the tour. Afterwards I cleaned the house and Christian went on a two hour bike ride. We then walked up to Imo's (best thin pizza) and had lunch, walked across the street and bought a couple of sarongs to hang in our living room and bedroom, and then walked to a friends house to check out his remodeling. I am going to work up some drawings, and he is going to help us rewire our house. After that, we drove down to our house so he and his friend could check out our house. Then, as we were sitting there, they started talking about dinner. So, we ended up going out for sushi with them. The cool thing is, they are actually friends of friends that we have met only a few times at parties. We had a lot of fun with them. After we got back, our neighbor came home from a wedding. I mixed up a couple of Gin and Gingers and we sat on the front porch talking for hours. It was midnight by the time I went in to bed. Excellent conversation. It is great to be able to have people you can just talk to.

Sunday, we watched the tour. Christian went to work out and I laid around watching tv and working on laundry. When he got back, we grabbed a bite to eat and went grocery shopping. After that we went to Pier 1 to shop for baskets. I hate shopping with Christian. I like to go, browse, and comparison shop. He does not allow for that. Frustrating. We then went to Home Depot to get drawer pulls for the dresser I painted a few weeks ago. Nothing. After that, we picked up our friend Dan and went to Fuddruckers. Yummmmy burger!

Last night there was no tour (rest day), so we watched Hotel Rowanda. That is an EXCELLENT movie. Very moving. Tonight: weights and the Tour.

It also looks like a guy in our office is going to start running. That is good, becuase I need someone to run with for motivation. Of course, he is over 6'-0", so I will be running a lot faster in order to keep up. Oh well, I can do it. The plan? Running in the Springfield Turkey Trot with my sisters on Thanksgiving Day. Start running girls!

5 Comments:

At 19 July, 2005 17:04 , Blogger Desiree said...

Awww man. I'm running, but both you and Summer are distance runners, whereas I am not. I'm going to come in last :-(.

 
At 20 July, 2005 09:59 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

Why did I get dragged into this? I ain't runnin'. Have fun trying to breathe heavily in 14 degree weather while I watch from the sidelines.

 
At 20 July, 2005 12:37 , Blogger Heather said...

Summer, you have to run. As your big sister, I am demanding it!

 
At 20 July, 2005 14:11 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

As an independent person of this country, I am practicing my God-given ability of free-will and am saying no!

BTW, what are expansion joints?

 
At 25 July, 2005 16:59 , Blogger Heather said...

expansion joints are joints in building materials to allow for movement. Usually the gap is caulked.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home