Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

7.17.2007

Shhhh! The Beast Is Sleeping!

I went for my six week check up today.

The fastest weight loss system is having a baby.

Pre-pregnancy weight: 112
Full-term pregnancy weight: 154 (yes, I gained 42 pounds)
Current weight: 124 - 12 pounds to go! Now to find the time to tone up those abs.

I have to say parenthood is challenging, tiring, and completely worth all of the hard times. Lukas is doing well, and is giving us more and more quality awake time each day. He has started smiling at us, and loves it when I kiss his cheeks and belly. He looks at the toys hanging overhead, and has started hitting at the ones in his bouncy seat. I think he is going to be a lefty like his dad. This week he started sleeping all night. The first night he slept from 7 pm until about 3:30 am. I had had half a beer at dinner, so I was afraid I had gotten him drunk. After he slept full nights the next two nights, I figured it wasn't the alcohol after all. It was kind of scary at first, but now that I realize they do that, I can enjoy a full nights sleep with out worrying about why he isn't waking up at 2 am.

Other than hanging out with Lukas all day long, no, that is pretty much all I do. I have been able to let go of the housework. As long as I can get up, get showered, dressed and make-up on each morning, make the bed and do laundry, I feel like I've accomplished something. As Lukas is getting older, I am able to put him down more. Allowing me to do things like updating my blog.

We are having guests this weekend, and we'll go up to Walhalla in a couple of weeks. It will be our first long trip, and we'll get to introduce Lukas to my aunts and uncles. In August, we are planning a two week road trip to Pennsylvania and out to Missouri. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone, but the thought of being out of our element is a little stressful. The good thing is everyone we are visiting has had kids, so they will all understand what we are going through.

I head back to work September 11. I am doing the first week half days, and will go back to 8 hour days the following week. I will only be working four days a week, but I dread leaving Lukas. I was separated from him for 2 hours today, and was so happy to get him back in my arms when I got home. If nothing else, having him in daycare will help me appreciate him that much more on the days I get to stay with him.

I think that is about all that is going on here. As all parents know, babies are full time jobs, but it is the best job in the world. I am so glad we were blessed with Lukas!

1 Comments:

At 23 August, 2007 16:09 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

Are y'all back yet or what.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home