Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

6.19.2007

Ewwww!

FIRST IMPRESSION OF THE WORLD
Lukas Friedrich Lentz was born at 12:07 pm, Friday, June 15, 2007. He was 9 pounds even and 21 inches long. We had some minor complications in labor earlier that morning. After the doctor broke my water, Lukas' heart rate dropped. The doctor was able to stabilize him, but we decided to go ahead and have a c-section. There was no need for me to risk further stress on him just to have a natural birth. We experienced every emotion possible in that 24 hour time period. It was the most amazing thing to hear his first cry and to know that little thing that had been inside of me was a real little boy. He is really great. We are slowly figuring each other out and we are all three getting into a schedule. I'm feeling pretty good, but obviously sore from the c-section. Christian has been doing a great job of taking care of stuff around the house, and taking care of me. I have only had one period that was overwhelming. Overall, I am just taking things as they come and making the adjustments I need to. I feel pretty confident about being able to do this, and just love looking at this little thing Christian and I made.


CAR RIDE HOME

4 Comments:

At 19 June, 2007 17:36 , Blogger Desiree said...

I love this kid!

 
At 19 June, 2007 21:30 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

Everyone at 119 Chalmers Mtn Rd thinks this kid is the cutest we've ever seen. We may be somewhat biased, but I like to think we have an objective view.

 
At 23 June, 2007 14:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is an impressive amount of hair- and one cute kid.

 
At 25 June, 2007 19:39 , Blogger Michael said...

Yes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home