Expansion Joints

Somewhat Daily Happenings of an Intern Architect

6.08.2007

Get Out Of My Belly!!!

I am done with this pregnancy thing. No more trying to look on the bright side and enjoy it. I am miserable.

I decided that I am too tired and too preoccupied to continue working, so I went in to the office and discussed it with my boss. By 1:00 everything was wrapped up, and I was officially "off the clock". I understand now why everyone kept questioning my decision to work up until I go into labor. There is just no point. This way, I can rest when needed - which is more often than not since I really don't sleep during normal sleeping hours - and get some household chores done.

I did seem to have burst of energy Tuesday. By 8:30 am, I was taping off our hallway. By 10:00 am, it was being painted Mali Orange.
It adds a nice punch of color to the house. In the evening, the sun hits it just right, and it glows. I am pretty happy with the results. Of course, I was obviously a little tired by the end, and we'll need to put a second coat on this weekend, but at least it is one project done. Christian was pretty surprised, but pleased when he got home that evening. I guess that is what is called nesting? I call it crazy.

I am four days away from my due date, and this kid is not budging. Time for long walks and cod liver oil.

5 Comments:

At 08 June, 2007 09:32 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

I call it crazy, too.

 
At 09 June, 2007 09:54 , Blogger Summer from Lorelei Caroline said...

One more thing...you'll post pictures of the hallway but not of Lukas's nursery?

 
At 10 June, 2007 09:52 , Blogger Desiree said...

Or pictures of Lukas?

 
At 10 June, 2007 11:59 , Blogger Heather said...

I'll post pics of the nursery later today or tomorrow. I've tried posting the ultra sound pic, but it does a weird color change and doesn't come out very clear.

 
At 10 June, 2007 12:41 , Blogger Manuel said...

Yeah and I am going to have to have a word with this boy myself when he decides to make his grand entrance. It has been a tradition established by the middle child in the family to get me out of an assigned sermonette by being born on the Sabbath. And where was Lukas yesterday? It looks like he already needs to learn a thing or two. LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home